View Single Post
Old 08-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Question '87 603.960 Injection Pump, not pumping

My '87 300D-turbo ,603-960, 6cyl, 3ltr., fuel pump is not pumping fuel. If the fuel pump is removed from the Injection Pump it pumps fuel when the pump lever is pushed by hand.
When watching the cam that drives the fuel pump while the engine cranks it does not turn.
I don't know it the injection pump is turning or not but I suspect not.
Hopefully there is only a problem with the a woodruff key or the injection pump drive system or something else simple....maybe not.
Before I tear into anything I'm looking for info and diagrams on the injection pump. I have the MB shop manual on CD that has timing instructions but there are no diagrams of the internals of the pump and only one of the external timing gear. The pump is a model: PES 6M 55C 320 RS157, but they are all probably similar in function
I've surfed the web but find no info/diagrams of bosch diesel injection pumps. If someone has diagrams, can make a scan and post/email them that would be great.
There is a Bosch book out there for the PES injection pump series one of which I'll have to locate if I can't find help.

If it turns out to be an expensive or fatal problem I may need advice on finding a used injection pump or a reliable/reasonably priced rebuilder.

Last edited by jhh322; 08-04-2003 at 09:45 AM.