View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 08:42 AM

Thanks for the update .... I will have to take the car in to have the codes read to figure out if my problem is the same. I have a 98 C280 and have been told that though the symptoms sound similar it might be something totally different.

I had just gotten it back from the dealer the day before - they did schedule b service on it. When I got it back the air conditioning did not work (this is another story) and a day later the check engine light comes on after I filled it up with 94 octane after noticing that my low fuel indicator was on. I made sure the gas cap was seated properly and took off to find the light coming on a few miles down the road. I wiped the cap so that it would have good contact when closed and the light is still on. Of course all this happens at 5pm on Saturday so I couldn't even call anyone about the problems until today.

Back to the dealership ... I just spent enough money on the scheduled maintenance and I hope not to have to cough up another chunk of money to get this resolved.

Thanks again for the update!