View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 11:41 PM
Dear Jeff:

I was thinking of subsituting a set of straight custom x-pipes for the center resonator leading to the stock AMG muffler on my 1999 C43 AMG.

The reason for this mod. is I ran over a large rock that fell from a landscaper's truck after I lowered my car -- bummer -- and it put a large dent in the center resonator. The car still sounds and runs fine but, I think the power would be off some.

Do you have any updates about your expericence with deleting the center resonator? Did the car gain power before you experienced the torque loss? Have you found the culprit?

If you could, would you post specific details (measurements, etc.) regarding the pipe you used to replace the center resonator? I'd like to have TimeValve in CT make mine but, they won't unless I send them the OE resonator and I can't drive my AMG while I'm waiting. Do you have the measurements to make the piece? Maybe they will make me the pipe with the spec's and not the actual O.E. piece. Maybe you could put me in contact with the shop that did yours.

Do you have any other performance tricks for our car. I've lowered mine with H&R's, a great improvement, but I still think that thicker sway bars would be a good addition and poly urethene bushings if I could find find them. Do you have any leads?

Any way, good luck with your C43 and I look forward to truly tweaking mine! I'd love to share sources and insight.
C55: Evosport headers & UDP's; AMS crank; TVT thermo; phenolic spacers; Denso IK16's; EuroTech ECU; RennTech cf airbox w/ Green filters; Z06 catch can; Sprintbooster; Optima RedTop; Quaife LSD; AMG: shift paddles, 030 rear calipers & rotors; Rotera brake lines; Euroteck CF lip; "C63" rear diffuser; 18" SLK AMG Turbines (summer); 18" OZ Superleggera's (winter); K40 dual f&r radar w/ laser jammers; MB: digital climate control, iPod kit & mp3 CD changer; iTronic B/T for MOST.