View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 02:07 AM
The Bob

Should I sell the old trusted 84 300d for an 87 300d

Hello all,

I have been having some I need to spend some money blues. Now here is my situation that I just want to run by all you folks. I have a 84 300d which runs near perfect. I am a maintenance maniac and have replace virtually all replacable parts on my 84 300d. It has 280k and feels like it will go another 280. It is a real tank. I bought it 3 years ago for 3500 and put about that into it in parts and labor. I did most of the work myself.

I know of someone who is selling a 87 300d with 100K on it for 4000 bucks (I live near Chicago). I drove it today and it drove real nice. Alot more refined than the w123 yet my w123 seemed to be faster and more stately.

Generally does it seem like a good idea to sell my car and buy the new (for me) 87 300d. My gut feeling says that it is not wise to give up something that is running fine and well know also that why bother with this 87300d as it is not that much nicer of a car than the 84 300d. I am thinking that I will save some money over the next couple of years and spend 8 to 12 grand on a gasser as diesels are getting rather pricey and I would like to have a car with a gas pedal.

How much is a 84 300d with all that work done to it worth?

I tell you that the I want a new car itch is hard to resist.

thanks

bob c