View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 02:22 AM
azhari

Quote:
Removing the distributor/airflow meter unit isn't too difficult or messy, and the rubber plenum can then be removed for complete inspection of the mechanism. If your idle circuit hoses are old, why don't you replace them and the rubber plenum at the same time as the regulator, and it will make this operation just an extension of that repair. Order the saddle that holds the rotary idle air valve too, as it gets hard and brittle and difficult to remove non-destructively. Aftermarket, none of these parts are very expensive.
Steve

I replaced the idle circuit hoses and have an appt to get the fuel pressure tested wiht a techie.

On my own, I tried to get the fuel distributor off to see if it is leaking fuel.

Thought of getting just the cold start feed off to get at the 3rd torx bolt that holds the distributor down...but NO GO!

Despite using 2 open end spanners for the operation (duh!), it would not come off!The cold start fuel line would twist together with the nut attached to it.If I had turned further, I'm sure the line would break!But I did get to the point where fuel was driping out from the crack but no further.

I will have to get the same techie to help me with this, but it will be next week coz it a National Day weekend!

By the way, I've seen In my Haynes that the fuel distributor has an O-ring but I need the part number!Parts guy says he has never sold one!Mine, although is a 1.8 it is an 8 valve 102, so it should be the same part as the 8 valve 2.3s in the US.

Thanks again, Steve.