View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks for your input Larry! You have always

been very informative and I appreciate your thoughts. I also agree 100% with your critique. I should elaborate a little more though..

I do have quite a bit of "OTJ training". I worked as a technician in a domestic repair facility in college and worked as a parts monkey throughout high school. I even did a stint teaching auto tech for a vocational school some years back. I dont mean to imply that I am of the calibur of a formally trained tech but I can hold my own. FWIW, I did a Evap in a 740il last year unassisted with no repair maual and still beat the book . I know enough to know when I don't know what I am doing and to ask for help. Ideally, I hope to find a trustworthy shop foreman that shares my same vision of customer care.

My hope is that by attracting good employees and treating them fairly that they in turn will take care of the customer and you know the rest of the story...

Just out of curiosity, how many book hours could a "small" shop with three or four techs hope to do in a week? Just wondering if there are any good "rule of thumbs" here?

Thanks again for your time!