View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 03:21 PM
i'm sorry i hit the wrong tab. i didn't mean to send.

i don't mean this to be negative but... all the responses to your inquiry dealt with only the customer aspect. frankly IMHO "if you build it they will come" is a fair statement. the business as you've described is wonderful. i know i would prefer walking in to a dealer like this one.

there is so much to consider. the real key as i see it is "DEBT". there can be so many surprises on any given day that while you think you have enough cash that day comes along and whappp! something major and your empty.

think about your building (place of business). i don't know where you are but you wouldn't put in skid row or an economically challenged area right. so you know you will need an up scale location. remember that 250k building i mentioned. well i know places that the dirt costs that much. the building you speak of won't be a pole barn either. the mechanical for this building, shop air supply, sprinklers, potable water, sewer & backflow prevention. OUCH!!!

one other word of advice is buy more dirt than you think you'll need. remember you may want to expand. if you're land locked you'll be facing a move.

well that's enough sour puss. i wish you all the best of luck. if you try hard you'll succeed.

Thanks Much!

1972 350sl Red/Blk 117k
1988 420sel charcoal/Blk 140k
1987 420sel gold/tan 128k
See My Cars at:

Pound it to fit then Paint it to match!

There is only First Place and Varying degrees of last!

Old age and deceit will overcome Youth and Enthusiasm every time!

Putting the square peg in the round hole is not hard... IF you do it fast enough!

Old enough to know better but stupid enough to do it anyway!