View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 11:22 PM

White Stuff under the Blower motor regulator.

Hi,

Hope all is well.

Sometime my Blower motor decides to go lower then the setting.
It only happens once in a while, rarely on full speed it just stays at lowest setting.

I jumped the motor ground directly after doing the search here. It is full speed.

Now, I am convinced it is the Blower Motor regulator. Also, I am aware it is no longer sold by itself. You have to BUY a motor, regulator and couple of other crap, since it is a retrofit and it cost $11 millions dollors

Just kidding it cost around $700 to fix regulator problem.

NOW here is the QUESTION.

I got a used motor with good regulator it came out of 95 C280 First Picture below.

I notice REGULATOR is the same but the plastic connector piece is longer on 95 C280 Pins inside looks exactly the same 4 pin.
Part number is for regulator 9 140 010 153

Now, I have 97 E320 Blower motor picture below, I had one sitting around given to me by mechanic friend, who just did this whole change out on another vehicle. Motor is good but the regulator is shot. I THINK 97 and 98 W210 blower motor and regulator are the same...correct me if I am wrong.
Regulator has a part number 9 140 010 179

Difference is last 3 digits 153 vs. 179. Why is it different, I was guessing because of the plastic connector longer on 95 c280 both has has 4 pin inside.

(I know the motor is differnt, I am not trying to use the motor Just REGULATOR)

1. If this regulator is compatible, will the connector fit 1998 e320 or is this something i need to modify use my old one connector, (cut and connect)

2. There is White Silicone type of stuff underneat the regulator. I assume it is for transferring heat to the plate. WHAT is this Stuff and the name, where can I get it?

All this for 98 W210.

Thanks in Adavance.

Below is from 95 c280
Attached Thumbnails
White Stuff under the Blower motor regulator.-blower-motor2-small-jpg.jpg