View Single Post
Old 11-20-2000, 12:04 AM
roas

Sorry to hear that Aaron,

I have little advise in the Legal area except to always fight it, I can totally relate to your feelings! I have received to many tickets in the last year and a half, 3 for speeding to be exact! (highway only) Ouch!!! Needless to say, I've had surgury to remove the lead, now where lightweight shoes and stay out of top gear! J/K

That really hits you in the old wallet too, the insurance companies are right there with thier hands out as well, democracy.., you gotta love it! I consider myself a responsible citizen, I don't steal, lie or cheat, but if speeding where a felony, I'd be locked up for LIFE! That is one topic that really, "Chap's my hide!".

If you where to Poll the populace, I bet 4 out of 5 would admit to speeding at 55mph, and maybe 3 out of 5 would amit to speeding at over 65mph, and everyone (90%) would agree that limits should be raised. Now last time I checked (not recently), the laws on the books are supposed to reflect the will of the "People", not the Insurance Industry profit motive!

I mean, we are past the 60's when highway speed limits where really necessary. The average newer car can easily cruise at 80mph all day long, and with the advances in Emissions Technology it should be a non-issue. Yet we are still going at "training wheel" speeds, how funny.

Challenge it and you could get the ticket thrown out, I wish you LUCK!

------------------
Ross
96 C280, Greenish Black