View Single Post
Old 11-22-2000, 03:29 PM
Ernest Dixon
Posts: n/a
Without knowing the details of what your first court appearance is supposed to accomplish - I would think you could/can mail in a certified response of not guilty, and requesting a continuance because you will need to prepare for your defense/retain an attorney, etc. Send your request for discovery production to the county prosecutors office. There is probably some time frame/limit that is triggered once you have appeared in cour for your arraignment. Once you have established a dialouge with the prosecutors office, and they see that you will make them spend "precious" time to your case, you will have an opportunity to plea bargain to simple points, cheap fine.
Reply With Quote