View Single Post
Old 11-23-2000, 02:30 PM
450 SLC 5.0

Thank you ever so much Steve! I hope that you have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving. I would like to thank you for all you time & effort in helping others – this message board is an invaluable resource for people of all skill levels. While I know how it can be gratifying to help others, your obvious dedication should be acknowledged as well. Your level of expertise and inherent conceptual understanding of the theories behind the mechanical aspects of automotive/engineering systems is unparalleled.

There is a saying that a little knowledge is dangerous. I hope that you recognize this as a compliment of the highest magnitude: You are by far the least dangerous person on this message board. I am a firm believer that one should keep ones mouth shut unless 99% sure that the information disseminated is correct. I think that you are batting 100%.

I wish that I had more time to help answer some of the less inane questions for people here, however much of my free time (what little there is) is spent helping others on a message board pertaining to a specific medical condition.

As far as the chain replacement, I thank you for reminding me of which side to feed it from. And yes, I am replacing the upper rails as well as the tensioner banana. I have jury rigged a tool to pull the rail pins (I have two mechanical engineering degrees: one from the School of Experience & Common sense, the other from the Disney School of Mickey Mousing.) It will be interesting to see how much of the 10 (crank) degrees of timing is corrected on the passenger side cam, as the other cam is right on the money. I will then go get the correct offset woodruff key…

Anyways, THANK YOU AGAIN & HAPPY THANKSGIVING