View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 11:46 AM
Unbanned...?

1- Stop using deck power. That thing puts out 160 watts only in the wildest fantasies of the manufacturer's marketing teams. (this really annoys me, it's basically a flat out lie.) Your deck is probably only pushing 5-10 clean watts per channel, at best (read the specs carefully and you'll see they give TWO power ratings most of the time, one for peak at 10% THD, and another for continuous at ~1% THD. GOOD power amps are rated RMS from 20-20k at 0.0xx% with a particular input voiltage, usually 12v, not 14 (which understates the true power output). See the difference?).

2- Go buy a separate power amp. Any power amp will be better than the deck. A small one will fit under the passenger footwell plastic shield, next to the alarm brain box (which I removed anyway b/c it's a useless POS).

3- You'll only get so much bass out of little 4" front, and 5" rear, speakers. Don't expect a lot out of them. You'll need the power amp, pluss a crossover (or "bass blockers"), and a sub in the trunk. Better yet do what Shanta said and go with the full Jehnert kit.

Check out my website photos, documents, and movies!