View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Posts: n/a
There are federal odometer laws and California has its own odometer laws. I believe the federal law only applies to cars 10 years old or younger. Certainly you have recourse under state law but something like this doesn't warrant lawyers, fees, etc. If I were you, I'd address all the issues you believe were undisclosed and bring a small claims case. You can recover up to $5,000, it's quick and easy. This sounds like enough to address your problems. The only problem is you have to come to LA for the hearing which is probably worth it if you collect the money. Contact me if you want to do this and I'll send you the forms you need.
Reply With Quote