View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 01:16 PM
autozen autozen is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Northern Calif. (Fairfield Area)
Posts: 2,225
I'd file a small claims action. There are two important points to remember. First of all you must make a demand for restitution in writing. That will be about the first question the judge will ask you. Secondly if you receive a judgement in your favor, the judgement will show up on his credit report. You may want to bring that to his attention in your demand letter or during a phone conversation. If he fluffs it off you get a writ of execution and you can attach bank accounts, wages,etc. There is a bookstore in Berkeley, Ca. called Nollo Press. The whole store is dedivated to self help legal publications. Their books are usually found in larger city and county libraries. You might want to check it out. Good luck,

Auto Zentral Ltd.
Auto Zentral Ltd.
Reply With Quote