View Single Post
Old 11-26-2000, 06:22 PM
I own two Toyota's and I alway's pay more for parts for them than I do for the Mercedes. This place has excellent prices for Mercedes parts too. I do all my own work because of what you speak of. If I took my cars to a mechanic I would be riding the bus. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BenzoX:
Well I see someone got upset at the mention of a japanese automobile. Let me add the fact that I have recently had close to 3000$ put into this vehicle for shocks,tires,all brake parts,radiator,thermostat,fan pulley,bracket,and belt. I'm a bit tired of going to the mechanic and walking out with a 500$ bill. The car has only 132K miles on it which is relatively low for a mercedes or comparable long mileage car. Its not that it breaks so much,its that when it does it costs an arm, leg, 75% small intestine, 3 ribs and an ear. If you can tell me that I am over exaggerating I would like to see. Oh and to get just my heater fixed it will cost another 600 bucks because it takes 7 hours to pull apart my dash and front of car just to put in a damn potentiometer or some stupid part that changes the voltage sent from the thermostat. Oh I forgot the 300$ spent to install some valves and R-12 to get it to put out cool air. Yes I would like a toyota right about now. Oh and I do like my car. I'm just afraid of it breaking something else.

'79 300SD (340K),'71 VW Karmann Ghia conv.,Toyota '77/'88 Land Cruiser's