View Single Post
Old 11-26-2000, 07:07 PM
BenzoX

Well Idunno bout the cars you guys are talking about. I personally would not want a car that is newer than 94 or 95 because of all the crazy stuff on them. My dad has an 87 mazda truck that has 126,000 miles on it and has not been as troublesome since 87 as my 190 has been in a year and a half that I have owned it. The mbs have great german engineering and all but it takes one of those germans to fix the damn things. I'm not a great mechanic but with my dad we did everything short of rebuilding engine and transmission on my 86 cougar but on this thing the most we can do is change the oil and a few selected items.
I talked to a guy the other day that had like an 94 celica with 260,000 miles on it and still working normal. If I had my choice between a MB and a caddilac or lincoln surely I would opt for mb over american garbage. But most any mechanic works on jap cars but only a select few will touch a MB. Everything takes 150-300$ worth in labor time for simple tasks and like I mentioned just to get a part changed in dash for climate control to work it would cost me nearly 600$ because of the 7 hour labor time to pull apart dash and interior to get in there.

------------------
Rob C
89 190E 2.6
Beige