If your willing to purchase the 94/95 W124 Wipers and Wiper Motors as well as the 94 Painted Panel you can directly bolt everything on with no modifications to the lights or components. This method also looks better and updates the front end completely.
If you choose to use your existing wipers, motors and panel like I did then you'll need to make custom brackets and drill some holes in the lower section of your lights. Here's a list of things you'll need to do:
1. Stainless Steel Screws, Qty 8 (You'll need to determine width but length should be about 3/8"
2. Zinc Plated "L" Bracket, Sold in the garage door section of Home Depot. (Take a look at your existing US Light and measure it's mounting bracket, your new L-Bracket should have similar dimensions. Part of the bracket will have small holes in it which you can use to mount on to the Euro Light. You'll need to drill a large hole on the other portion of the bracket to allow your wiper motor to fit through and mount in place. I used the Dremmel Cylindrical Stone Grinder for this.
3. You'll need a Dremmel with Cylindrical Stone Grinder to Grind down the existing plastic bracket on the bottom of the Euro Lights. You should only have to grind approx 1/3 of this bracket to allow fitment of your new bracket.
4. You'll also need a small drill bit to drill pilot holes for the new bracket. Before drilling pilot holes on the bottom of your Euro Lights install the wiper motor and wiper and take preliminary measurements to determine where to mount the fabricated bracket, you can also use your old lights as a guide. This is the toughest and most important part of installation.
5. You'll need plastic epoxy or plastic threadlock to insure the stainless screws don't come loose . This will also help seal the bottom of your lights to prevent moisture and dirt from getting in.
It's been a while since I've done this so if you come up with any questions just post them and I'll do my best to remember.
Good Luck and post a couple of before and after pics.
02 C32 AMG
84 190E 2.3 5 Spd
Last edited by placo1; 08-30-2003 at 07:47 PM.