View Single Post
Old 05-19-1999, 03:10 PM
Lee Scheeler

Bruce,
Slick Stuff is the equivalent of Meguiar's #34 "Final Inspection". It works great as far as a final spray. These sprays typically are used for a finishing spray shine after a wash or for touchups in-between. They are the perfect tool to remove bird crap, tree sap, or water spots before they are on the finish long enough to become difficult to remove or cause permanent damage.

I do not know their exact chemical composition but they typically have lubricants that prevent the wiping motion from causing swirl marks, "feeder oils" that supposedly deepen the color and condition of the paint, and I *suspect* a bit of cleaner wax. They can be sprayed on to a lightly dirty finish then wiped off without scaring the finish underneath. While not even close to a substitute for washing they can extend the "just been detailed" look awhile. They are also a good tool for show cars.

In my experience and use of them (#34, Slick Stuff, 3M has one but I have not used it yet, Griot's Garage, etc) they work as advertised as far as cleaning/non-swirling properties but also they seem to dramatically prolong wax longevity/condition. Slick Stuff also has some anti-static properties which helps keep your car dust free much longer. The Meguiar's stuff is good, I have just seen superior results with the Slick Stuff.

As far as who makes it and where to get it..."Wax Shop" is the company who makes it, and you will occasionally see it at Pep Boys or other parts stores. If anyone is really interested I know of a mail/web order place as well.

Hope this helps...Lee