View Single Post
Old 05-19-1999, 03:12 PM
ytown

The Meguiars wax products use to be easy in the sense that their "maroon" bottles like the Deep Crystal line-up was made for the "I wax my car once a year" guy and the products where less expensive and found at your local K-Mart/Wal-Mart store. I do love their Cleaner-Wax as a first step and it does come in a "maroon" bottle.

The "beige" numbered series also known as Mirror Glaze where and still are primarily made for professionals and you have to buy them at an auto parts store like Pep-Boys, Advanced Auto Parts, etc. The #7, Show Car Glaze and the #26, Yellow Wax are very good products and have been used for many years by show car people and pros alike.

But now things have become confusing: You can go to both the K-mart/Wal-Marts and also the auto part stores and get their newer products sold in a box and packaged in "black" bottles: Gold Class Clear Coat Prep and Swirl Reducer (similar to a mix of the #7 Show Car Glaze and #9 Swirl Reducer) and then of course you have in my opinion the most brilliant gloss with good protection product on the market:Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax. I think they are trying to market it to both the pros and the once a year guys alike...

There is one other family of waxes that Meguiars has and that is Medallion...sold in black bottles (no box)and it is more expensive and their most "protective" product.

So in a nut shell this is my opinion of their wax line up:

Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax - the cheapest of their wax products. Fair results.

Cleaner Wax - a great first step product and also a good product for people who don't really care as much and want to do everything in one quick easy step.

#26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax - A good solid protective product with good gloss.

Gold Class Wax - Awesome gloss good protection.

Medallion Premium Paint Protection - Great protection and good gloss.

I've used (I think) every Meguiars product out there and remember I do everything by hand...you may get different results with a buffer.

I hope I didn't bore everyone!(zzzzzzzz)j/k
I hope this helped!

Mike

------------------
1986 300E 138k
MBCA Concours Judge
Board Member -
Western Reserve Section