View Single Post
Old 06-18-1999, 10:56 PM
Lee Scheeler

I wont sign off 100% on Gold Class, but I will say so on Meguiar's. (I'm still a Mirror Glaze #'ed man myself...) I will conceed that Gold Class seems to last longer than #26 when exposed to the elements.

Too the point...Just yesterday I gave the 500E a much needed "going over". This entailed deswirling, polishing, and waxing stem to stern. I thought "why not stage my own little 3M/Meguair's shootout". Well: about 35 rags/applicator pads/orbital bonnets/etc later I am left with (very sore shoulders) and one helluva shine. It was the 500E's first big reconditioning since I've owned it so there was some gunk from the P/O to remove. The bottom line of all of this is that after using 3M's swirl remover (for dark cars), hand glaze, and wax VS #9, #7, and #26 (sorry Mike no Gold Class this time) the Meguair's was the clear winner. The 3M was good, but always much more work for slightly less results.

Sore arms aside, I learned some interesting side by side comparo results and really made the 500E a head turner. Based on what I experienced Meguair's will be my choice and recommendation as "The Best".

Lee