Thread: 1st Waxing!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-06-1999, 12:42 AM
Chris Ecklund

The towels are 100 percent Cotton Terrycloth on further inspection I noted. What I did not know is that the two are actually together, I thought "terrycloth" was a different thing than "cotton".

I used 8 towels on the first waxing with #7, and had to do a load of washing to continue to the next step, being #26.

During the time that I finished with #7, I had to put the car outside, and in being in a new survey, within 10 minutes there was a fine layer of "dirt" on the finish. I tries to blow it off with the air compressor, but there was a small layer of "dust dirt" left on it. I tried a little experiment here, knowing that what happened would... I tried just lightly brushing off the dirt with a towel, but no go, it even left some small scratches, dirt can be quite abrasive.(remember black car). So away I went and washed the car again, this time just spraying it, and then chamois.

I applied # 26, ( man it smells like banana's) , and it was during my waxing that I noted that the paint was not very smooth after finishing with #7, and actually in comparing two doors, the one finished with #7, looked gray compared to the one finished with #26. Now either they are two totally different animals, or I am just not noticing how good the finish is becoming. Hopefully the later is true. The car is starting to look fabulous, tommorow I plan on finishing it off totally.

------------------
Chris Ecklund
98 300 DT