Thread: 1st Waxing!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-1999, 01:28 AM

Lee, can you specify what a 100% cotton diaper cloth is? Is it a terry cloth towel, an actual cloth diaper (the ones I have have some stiching in them), or a smoother type of cloth?

Recently I purchased some smooth cotton cloths (the package said "lint-free") and have used it successfully on my dash and door skins with Vinylex. Are these suitable for waxing/polishing? Is a terry cloth always preferable or are there situations where a smoother cloth is better?

Chris, I've been following your progress ... your E class must be gemlike by now. Black is one of my favorite colors in that body style (along with silver). I've been awaiting less humidity and a lift on our drought-related car wash ban (no hoses, bucket only ) before really spending a nice afternoon detailing my car. Commercial car washes can remain open here in eastern Pennsylvania, but most of them around here discourage the use of a bucket, and our roads are dirty enough and the car washes far enough away that I'd have a dirty car if I drove home. Any ideas? I really want to get a coat of wax on my car soon. I wonder how well I can wash my car using just a bucket (or two).

------------------
Robert W. Roe
1984 300SD 165,405 miles