Thread: Vinylex
View Single Post
Old 08-12-1999, 07:03 PM

No offense, but whoever wrote that probably had their own motives in mind. Although somewhat silicone based, Lexol's Vinylex does not behave ANYTHING like ArmorAll. Mostly due to its additives and formulation diffences. It works well on plastic, vinyl, rubber, etc. (pretty much anything but leather and glass) It "feeds" the dash instead of merely coating it like ArmorAll. Search the Shop Forum for references to Vinylex. Read them. Read the Vinylex product info literature. Whoever wrote that review is at least ignorant, if not worse.

Speaking from personal experience I can tell you the stuff does improve the condition of non-leather. Vinylex leaves a shiny finish (still less shiny than armor all) when applied/left and a patina if applied/buffed off. Also, since using Vinylex on a bevy of cars and conditions nobody I know has ever noticed window haze related to Vinylex. For leather, I recommend and use Lexol's leather cleaner (orange bottle) and conditioner (brown bottle). Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner is very good one step method if your looking for a simpler process. I like the smell of Lexol better but that is personal preference, not based on any observed results or technical data.

Read what restoration professionals or detailers have used and like. Read what the people on this site have experienced. Give it a try yourself and do your own research. Doing most any of that should give you all the info/evidence you require.

Hope this helps...Lee