Thread: is this a scam?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 04:36 PM
smoke gets in your eyes

is this a scam?

I got this email response for an ad I placed for a car my in-laws had for sale. Why does he think I'm Rob?

Sixto
95 S420
91 300SE
87 300SDL
83 300SD

::::::::::::::::::::

Hello Rob,

Thanks for your response, i did appreciate your way of keeping me posted of developments on your ends. I accept your offer for the car.

At any rate, i'm based in England, north Hamsphire, i just got off the phone with my account officer, who made me understand it will take a while for a check sent from UK here to clear your bank in the US. But all the same, i just made arrangement now, as to how you will get the payment in the US there .

I just finalised with an associate of mine now, and he has agreed to send you the payment in an American paying instrument and this will be drawn on American bank which will be less free and will really speed up our transaction. All the same, as regard the shipping, i have made a solid arrangement with my shipping agent who will be on ground to come for the pick up as soon as you confirm payment.

Please as regards payment, do you want the check sent to your bank or physical address?. Please re-confirm and send to me the beneficiary name that will be endorsed to the check and also your full mailing address inclusive telephone number.

As regard shipping once again, you will be receiving an overage in your payment, and you will have to deduct the cost of your car and you will have to send my balance to my shipping agency in England so that they can come for the pick up.Send me a picture of the interior.

Please reply asap.

Regards,
Mark
markmorrison@gawab.com