View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilly
Those things MB will replace for free with the catalyst pipe. Check it out, you can get a free exhaust system and turbo out of the deal if you're lucky.

WOW you got a 51 Caddy? I worked on one of those things back in the early 80's, a 51 Fleetwood. Had power window problems. Gotta love it, hydraulic power windows and power seats. What a great car though. Love the hidden gas cap, very clever.

Gilly
The previous owner of my 300D had the trap oxidizer replaced for free by MB along with the turbo and some other related items. The thing is that MB put another trap oxidizer on the the engine. I would like to get rid of it altogether. What are my options?

Concerning the Caddy, I don't have power anything in it. I'm glad that it doesn't. Those Hydro-lectric systems were prone to leaking. Worst thing is that those systems used brake fluid and when your p/w started leaking, it would take the paint right off the bottom of your doors. I have fun with the gas cap location. I like to pull into gas stations across the river in Oregon and have fun watching the gas gimps go crazy looking for the filler.

84 300D Turbodiesel 190K with 4 speed manual sold in 03/2012