Thread: leaky injector?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 08:00 AM

Over my head...

I hate to say it but the Kleen wheels thing is way over my head.

I have no idea even what they are...
Sorry.

As to the fuel lines they are a metric braided line (dealer item?) that is rubber in the middle surrounded by woven cord and frankly they are a real PITA to get on and off. Watch out that you do not damage the barb that they fit onto so no heavy pliers or knives please. If they break off it can get expensive...

When putting the hoses back on they are really hard to get onto the barbs due to lack of space and the fact that you can only get enough fingers on it to make you feel like you have a grip. I think that if someone was inexperienced or in a hurry it would be possible for the ends close to the injectors to get twisted and turned such that the rubber inside could fail causing fairly new hoses to start leaking. Due to the fragility of the barbs I don't think I would try any kind of clamp or anything. Just a personal call though...

Some of the wiser folks here might have some tricks for installing the hoses. Personally I have a small jar with very hot water in it next to me which seemed to help a little. The few drops of residual water did not affect anything...

Good luck.
'85 300SD Silver - Sold
'78 Ski Nautique