View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Unbanned...?

Rick,

Sorry, I'll elaborate. RedLine, AFAIK, is in the $6-$9 per quart range, and I've never found it cheaper. It seems to be EXCELLENT oil (probably better than Mobil or Amsoil) but I probably would never spend the extra money unless I had a 500E or Porsche (oh wait, those are the same.) I do use Red Line gear oils and their MTL, because Amsoil & Mobil is about the same cost.

Delvac is expensive to buy online. I can't find it cheap anywhere. I paid ~$22/gallon at the Mobil distributor in Sacramento, $88/case, plus tax (carry out, no shipping). Try your local CAT (Caterpillar) dealer also, they sell Delvac-1 with a CAT label.

Amsoil 15W-40 diesel oil is $60/case (four gallons) at the dealer/wholesale price. (MSRP is $80.40/case). They want $11 shipping for one case, or $18 for two cases. Plus your local sales tax. So yes, that is cheaper than Delvac-1. Especially if you do a Google search and find an Amsoil dealer that will give you the 6-month "trial" Preferred Customer status for *free*, which gives you the dealer price, and saves you the normal $10 fee! Try that next time instead of forking over the $20.

I'm stocked up for the next year or two. When I need to buy oil again, if I can't get Mobil-1 for $4.00-$4.50 per quart, I'll be buying Amsoil as well. Mobil recently jacked up the prices on both M-1 and D-1, which is making Amsoil look even better (unlessl Amsoil raises theirs too - d'oh!)

Check out my website photos, documents, and movies!