View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 11:44 PM

Fantastic! Thanks for all the information. If springs are bad enough, can they cause immediate damage to new accumulators? I replaced them 1 month ago - the suspension seems too firm - when I step on rear bumper - it doesnt rock - but rather only deflects downward maybe 2 to 3 inches. I read in the manual that if car is not at proper level (in driving ready condition) that the hydraulics should not be used to raise to proper height -assuming that lever is properly adjusted, not loose etc.,. By doing so - the hydraulics will require more pressure than normal and damage may result to hydraulic system. Is it possible to destroy brand new accumulators immediately due to this higher pressure? Steve
PS The leak I have on drivers side does not run down shaft of strut - rather it is all over spring. Could it be a leak from a loose hyd hose connection as this is up above the top of the spring? I am in the process of accessing tops of struts from carpet cover above - havent gotten in there yet? Do these hose connections come loose often?