View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 12:23 PM
sixto's Avatar
sixto sixto is offline
smoke gets in your eyes
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 20,793
Item 10 looks like a tie rod. The guide rod goes from the lower control arm to a rubber bushing (guide rod mount) almost directly behind it. If you're into antiques of hot rods, think of the wishbone in a Model T.

The far end of the guide rod is held by the bushing by the upper left corner of the left arrow in the picture. Find the bushing and follow the rod forward.

I'd clarify the recommendation to mean that you need new guide rod mounts since the guide rods themselves don't wear as quickly. But maybe that's California thinking.

95 S420
91 300SE
87 300SDL
83 300SD

Last edited by sixto; 10-02-2003 at 12:31 PM.
Reply With Quote