View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 04:42 PM
bmunse

[QUOTE Hatterasguy] chuckyreturns you are a prisoner of your ideology. The far left says the Republicans are going to ruin this country. The far right says the democrats will be the end of us all. I am so sick of stupid party politics. A two party system with left bashing right and right bashing left constantly, will weaken our country. [/QUOTE]
My gut agrees with this statement but history disputes it. In my dream world I wish we could all get along behind our elected administration but nobody told Daschelle/Gephardt etal. And as NPR goes into its 3rd full day of coverage of the spy/whitehouse supposed coverup I want to throw up. Isn't there something else for NPR to report on? Of course I cringe when I think what the rest of the world thinks of us. But the reality is that they are used to it. They have the same kind of mud slinging in England and really anywhere with opposing parties.
But weaken our country? There was an article on the same subject that I wish I had saved from WW2. It said that we may fight each other like crazy but just see how we get together and fight when somone attacks us. The Japanese found out the hard way. Iraq and the Taliban are experiencing a similar spanking right now. I guess we are like a football team of prima donas argueing and fighting each other but going out and blowing away the competition.