View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 03:01 PM
spcmartin's Avatar
spcmartin spcmartin is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 14
Idle control valve

I have a 1985 190e and recently replaced the dry rotted hoses on the idle control valve. My question is the hose on the bottom side that looks like kinda like a U had a metal pipe attached to it when I removed it. This pipe looked to be broken off but Im not sure. Does anyone know if this 3 to 4 inch metal pipe that connects to the bottom rubber hose on the idle control valve is supposed to be attached to the engine or does it just slide in a hole on the engine or something? I replaced all the lines but the idle is still high and I think its leaking at the metal pipe. Anyone that can help?
Reply With Quote