View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 11:20 AM

Re: I will drive out to Colorado this weekend..

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrameow
...I will drive out to Colorado from New Jersey this weekend..........
I may have trouble without 3 rd when I hit the mountains--- I will get 2 hours sleep,change out trasnmissions, put the thing in by flashlight, and drive back to NJ from Colorado by Columbus Day 11 pm if everything is okay-
Sounds like a good plan. Won't have problems with the mountains except for the 1.5 miles up to our house where the foothills are kind of steep.

Quote:

-could you please give me directions to your house? I will bring a jack, jackstands and all metrics, ATF, work lamps, plenty of coffee. I will be leaving tomorrow at 6 am...

Have all those things and the car will be better off without all that weight, especially at 6000ft elevation.

Quote:

See you Sunday morning at 2 am, dont bother waking up, please leave the porch light on, i will leave the cash in your mailbox, how much do you want? PS i will bring plenty of degreaser with me and clean the driveway when i am done....
You won't wake us, my wife's elk hunting season starts this weekend so we'll be gone, but will leave the lights on and doors unlocked so you can take a shower when you're done.

No need to de-grease driveway as we don't have one, just gravel and dirt.

Yours will feel right at home here:

Oh yeah, there's a black bear that is usually cruising the property around 2-3am, but he doesn't bother anyone.

Directions: Come to Colorado, aim for the mountains, turn left a little, head up to our house.

1983 300D - parts car

1979 300TD Auto - Parts car.

1985 300D Auto - Wrecked/Parts.

=========================

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there". Lewis Carrol