Thread: O2 Sensor?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 10:06 AM

Just to let others out there know what my problem was.

Last night upon arriving home after work I decided to take a look at the wires connected to the O2 sensor (underneath the matt of the passenger side of the car) to see if "I" could actually adapt the Ford Sensor that I have read about on other threads within this forum.

What I found was the the "Black" wire not not connected to the female receiver under teh matt of the paasenger side of the vhicle. Obviously, either during one of my recent services someone pulled the wires from underneath the car causing this to get unplugged, or during a detailing that the detailer pulled the connector and caused it to become unplugged.

Long story short, reconnected the "black" wire, Check Engine Light turned off.

I guess I went about this the wrong way and did not look for the simplest solution first!

Thanks though to all who have posted on this topic throughout the forum because of you I found this problem and saved myself some coin!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

2006 - Suzuki Gran Vitara (2.0 L fully equipped) Like this car so far except for trying to put on the seatbelt.
1988 - 190e - 2.3L - 172K miles (It now belongs to the exwife)
1999 - Chevy Blazer LS Fully Equiped - killed it June 2006
2001 - Honda Civic EX - 68K miles (sold June 2004)
1963 - 220S - Dual Carb 6 cyl. (sold)
1994 - Yamaha WaveRaider (fun to ride)