View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 10:25 PM
backwoods member

Re: Re: FWIW

Quote:
Originally posted by Kuan
And the difference is... ???
A lot. Here’s the short list:

First, MB always has a free loaner. I can’t tell you off-hand the number of MB loaners I’ve gotten. I was never able to even get a ride from a Porsche shop....

Second, the MB dealers always stand behind their work. It is not always done right the first time, but they always stand behind it.

Third is the quality of work. In all the times the Porsche went in for repairs, it never once came back without the work either not quite done or some mysterious new problem, that the dealer or repair shop refused to take responsibility for, being part of the package.

Fourth is the “phuch you” attitude that is pervasive amongst every Porsche shop I’ve been to.

Fifth, the Starbucks coffee you get at a MB shop.

Sixth, timeliness: Last time my Porsche was in the shop it was there for a month. The shop owner, who, by the way was recommended by none other than the local PCA club chair, said the delay was due to his scheduling. Gosh, I'm so happy that my car and business are so important. See point 4, above.

Seventh, every Porsche shop I took my car to managed to “forget” to do some part of the project. Of course, they never forgot to charge for it, and all refused to refund for the work they didn’t do. The standard refrain is “next time you bring it by, we’ll do the work for free."

Eighth, and last are the cool mechanics at the MB shop. Friendly helpful and a great source of excellent information.

In short, Porsche shops suck. The overwhelming majority of Porsche shops round these parts have gone out of business over that time. Hmmmm. Couldn’t imagine why...

Porsche makes several of the worlds great cars, without a doubt. But there are so few of them around that the customer has to pay a number of penalties every time the car needs work.

'00 ML320 "Casper"
'92 400E "Stella"