View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 05:37 PM
1987 560SEL - considering buying - need info

Hello again. I am still searching for a Mercedes. Today in the paper, I seen a 1987 560SEL listed. Address was listed and I went to look at it. The owner was not home, but I was able to view it. It is a very nice car, with 115K miles. The only exterior problem I seen was some very minor hail damage on the top, hood and trunk. The ad states that the car has been very well maintained. I am assuming it has the records with it. The price is unknown. In the paper and on the for sale sign - it says "make me a offer". The problem is, I have no idea what to offer. I would rather the seller give me his bottom dollar on the car. KBB says $4450. in good condition. The car is dark gray, with gray or tan interior. I do not recall exactly. It also has the body side moulding above the center of the car, which is something I have never seen on one of these. Assuming that it is a very well maintained car, with records- what would a ballpark figure be on one of these with minor hail damage? Othwise, it is in EC. Thanks for any information.
1993 Mercedes 400SEL 4dr
2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr
1972 Chevrolet Caprice Kingswood Estate 9-passenger wagon
1973 Pontiac Grand Ville 4-dr hardtop sedan
1988 Mercedes 300SEL (was mine, now mothers)