View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 04:22 PM

help! I can't get my old alpine HU back in

Alright guys, I'm in a desperate situation. I need to get my old head unit back in the car and the people who installed it are booked up until my car is getting taken away. So I don't have anyone to put it back in. I'm quite mad b/c I had scheduled an appointment and taken it up there but they said they needed an unlock code for it b/c they thought I wanted them to put in the old becker when I specifically said alpine. Kind of frustrating.

At any rate...heres my major concern.

I don't know who originally did the work but they put an alpine 4-channel amp in and ran rca's back to the 4-channel amp. I recently removed the 4-channel amp and sold it not realizing how hard of a situation it would leave me in. So all of the speakers were hooked up to the alpine amp in the trunk.

How do I hook the speakers up to the alpine HU to use the pre-amp on it? Do I have to run those speaker wires all the way up to the front of the car or are there connectors that should be left over from the bekker that I hook it up to?

I don't care about ripping the RCA's back out, I just want to get the speakers working and sound coming out from the HU. How do I use the preamp and do I have to run those speaker wires back up?

Thanks guys.

Owned:
2001 E320 Sport
1992 500E
1989 300SEL