View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 08:54 PM
This space for sale

Quote:
Originally posted by mikemover
So what? That makes it OK? Is it OK for me to call you an *********, as long as I say, "It's OK, I'm your buddy because I'm an ********* too"?

Whether Tomlinson was "upset" or not isn't the point. Everyone who doesn't live under a rock knows that the "watermelon and fried chicken" joke is a racial slur, and its meaning is not diluted just because someone of the race it is intended to slur uses it.

I think everyone is too sensitive to this crap anyway, but the fact is, there is a blatant double-standard when it comes to this subject, and everyone knows it.

You're either in denial, or you're just trying to rationalize it because you don't like Limbaugh either.

Mike
Mike.. I agree with you to a certain point. Its dumb for Junior to say what he did, but there is a difference between what he said to what John Rocker or Rush Limbaugh said. The difference is that one was serious... the other was joking.

BTW... I assume you are also mad about how African-Americans call each other jokingly "N*****" while people of other races can't?