View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 09:41 AM
ThrillBilly

yep, im teeing up for the week after thanksgiving to switch.
WNP should drive some great offers from all providers.

nextel- i had one for approx 1 year on a project. it worked great, but i hated that damn walkie-talkie feature. i didnt enjoy being SO accessible to everyones whims. i prefer to let calls go to VM if the call isnt urgent, and with the nextel WT feature, everyone though that the slightest problem needed immediate attention. it was a VERY short leash!

it seems that T-mobile coverage is acceptable is most metro areas and decent size cities, as well as along most interstates and major hiways as they utilize other carriers towers in many areas...

but, it also looks that there are VAST areas in the boonies that NO SERVICE will be available (even roaming to other carriers) ie: older analog phones will probably roam to other carriers, where the GSM phones may not be able to (if ive been correctly informed)

TM even has major disclaimers stating that even 911 calls will not connect many areas. i keep a old hardwired phone that came with my MB that WILL connect to 911 even without having a account or provider. (i tested it reporting several traffic accidents)