View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Still pedaling...

This world is way too small. BOY did I screw myself!

Long story short:

I've gone on three dates with this one gal and we're getting along great. We both like each other and I see it moving forward.

Soooo, we're at a function last Friday night. It's at a public place and there's about 500 people in attendance. Just as we sit down and get comfortable, I look up and notice a woman I took out to lunch about a month ago. No problem, but the thing is is that I never called her again. (What are the freakin' chances of us bumping into each other again??) We had a nice lunch, but there was no "love connection". Sure, I should have called... I guess... but I figured I'd never see her again.

After the event, there was a reception which we all attended. After a few minutes, I bumped into several girls that I know from church who I've known for about a year or so. We all stood in a circle, my date included, and talked. Then the woman that I had lunch with and never called walked by. Of course I had to say hi. She talked with all of us, including my date, for a while. The whole time I was waiting for her to turn to me and ask, "So, Stefano, why didn't you ever call me after that nice lunch a few weeks ago?" What's worse, it turns out that she also knows all these other girls that I know.

Later, after my date excused herself for a few minutes, I noticed her talking to all our mutual aquantances. I'll never know if she said anything like, "He took me to lunch and never called me again!" or not.

Funny thing too: the girl I'm beginning to see bumped into one of them again yesterday and was asked how we met. She gave a generic answer because she didn't know if I had an issue with people knowing we met on the internet.

Can you say "walking on pins and needles?"

I hope I'm just blowing this all out of proportion!

Current:
2014 VW Tiguan SEL 4Motion 43,000 miles.

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (wife's).

Past:
2006 Jetta TDI 135,970 miles. Sold Nov. '13.
1995 E-320 Special Edition. 220,200 miles. Sold Sept. '07.
1987 190-E 16 valve. 153,000 miles. Sold Feb. '06.
1980 300-D 225,000 miles. Donated to the National Kidney Foundation.
1980 240-D manual, 297,500 miles. Totaled by inattentive driver.