View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Manu
The bottom line is, that whole anti-French campaign is mostly counter-productive.It does more against the US's image abroad and gives people more sympathy for the French...
The bottom line over here is this: the US gov is not in any way promoting the ill will toward the French. Nor is it promoting any form of boycott.

The boycott and ill will come from within the majority of US citizens who are highly irritated by the French politicians whose political ambitions are more important to them than addressing the immanent threat of terrorism and the destruction of a mad dictator. A dictator whose oft-stated ambitions of regional dominance have been acted upon on several violent occasions and whose barking-mad sons tossed political opposition into limb chippers. That is evil.

That old Europe morality, once the beacon of hope for mankind, has decayed to the point that it cannot name and confront evil came as a surprise to American citizens, who learned a valuable lesson at the hands of evil men: it is better for bad guys to die over there than it is for innocents to suffer over here.

I sure like to visit European museums. They remind me of life led by people whose vision brought rational government and human rights to the world, with the sword when necessary. My ancestors learned that lesson. With my help and insistence, my children will take-up those same ideals as watchwords of life.

Botnst