View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 04:36 PM
Banned

Worked on the vac system...

Ok...

Did some vac diag with my new MityVac (awesome tool!).

My locks go up and down as they should when tested. Hatch, gas, doors, etc... all good. I have not tested the driver side door lock as of yet... you'll see why in a sec.

Now, we move to under the hood. I tested the "check valve in the engine bay near the oil filter" -- this is OK.

So, I remove the check valve and I have two yellows going thru the firewall -- one with the grey stripe, which is suppose to go the resovoir vac tank allllllllll the way in the rear of the car... and other solid yellow one goes to driver door lock. Let's forget about the one that goes to the driver door lock for now because I'm not really into pulling the door panel off at this time.

I hook my mity vac up to the grey stripe on and pumped it 71 times. -- it did not hold ANYTHING -- the guage would not move more than 2mm and then drop back down as I released the pump action.

I am assuming that the "plastic bubbles" tank in the underside of the rear of my car is the resovior for the vac.

And I would ASSUME that the black line that runs down the side (I forget driver or passenger) is the one that goes to this tank... ??????

In anyevent...

WHERE does the black bubble pack (i know, not the technical name) connect to this line?

Am I missing somthing here?

Here's a pic:

Thanks again.