Thread: Snakey Car
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 11:41 AM

I tested the car with my executive assistant in the passanger seat. He weighs about 100 kilos. The stretch was about 1 kilometer long driving at about 120 km per hour. it felt fine. But when I felt it was all loose it was loaded with three adults and a child and the trunk full. Therefore, I am going to pack the trunk this weekend and take it out on a longer drive and include some roads with curves and see how she handles this time.

As I said, my problem in the end was a bad alignment as far as I can tell. How it happened, I do not know I guess the tech just did not pay attention to the program he chose or that he left some fittings loose which caused me to lose the alignment. Also, take note, Gilly told me that if I loose the alignment too fast it could be signs of other worn parts within the steering or the suspension. So far, neither I or my mecanic has found any worn parts here. But, I am going to test drive it again and then take it back to the alignment shop and have them check the alignment again to see if it varies from the last re-alignment.

Also, do not forget to go through the list that Haasman wrote within the thread that I posted the link to.

2006 - Suzuki Gran Vitara (2.0 L fully equipped) Like this car so far except for trying to put on the seatbelt.
1988 - 190e - 2.3L - 172K miles (It now belongs to the exwife)
1999 - Chevy Blazer LS Fully Equiped - killed it June 2006
2001 - Honda Civic EX - 68K miles (sold June 2004)
1963 - 220S - Dual Carb 6 cyl. (sold)
1994 - Yamaha WaveRaider (fun to ride)