View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 11:51 AM

Dealer Screwed Me Out of $15!

So I ordered a seal, paid with check. They called when it came in and I brought my old seal with me. They had the wrong seal.

I didn't have to time to wait for another one to come in. They said they had to wait for my check to clear to refund me. I said fine, just send me a check. They wrote on the receipt "refund customer when check clears".

The check I wrote to them was cashed in my account on Oct 6th.

Still nothing from them. I get the run-around when I call. Finally got ahold of the "owner" today, he starts right out and says they'll gladly refund my money, minus 20% for restock fee (remember, THEY ordered the wrong part) if I bring the part in and when my check clears.

Going through the whole story again, that I never HAD the part, that when I walked it and compared it we could see it was wrong and the parts guy just sent it back. Also explained that my check was cashed on Oct 6th. Over a month ago. He then says "come on in and we'll talk about it" (hoping I'll just give up for a lousy $15).

Well, I'm out of work at this point and have more time than $'s, but would gladly give up $15 in order to cost them MUCH more than that in time and headache.

So...., anyone have any ideas on what a person can (legally) do to harass, annoy, cost a company licensing, etc.??

BTW, for the $15, I probably would just shine it, but this is also the place who charged me $150 for a back-yard driveline shortening that looks like warts on a witch. The place they "claim" they sent it to says they only charge $85-100 for the job and when I explained what it looked like they said "not us". The parts guy said they could send it off with one of theirs with the insinuation that they'd get a "deal" on two of them.

1983 300D - parts car

1979 300TD Auto - Parts car.

1985 300D Auto - Wrecked/Parts.

=========================

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there". Lewis Carrol