View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 03:09 AM

the car is an 85 model...ive tried adjusting the bowden cable,but when i adjust it to make my shift point higher,it makes my transmission sort of hang in the gear its in for about 2 seconds before it shifts when i let off the accelerator...say im in 3rd gear with wide open throttle,going about 60mph...when i go to let off the pedal to even the speed out,it doesnt shift up to 4th right away..instead it kind of hangs in 3rd for about 2 secs before finally shifting....also it did nothing for my 1-2 shift,i didnt notice that it was any later than before...it seemed to only affect the higher gears....so,ive adjusted the bowden cable back to where the car shifts rather quickly whenever i let off the pedal

i havent messed with the vacuum modulator on the tranny yet...i dont suppose i can get to it without lifting the car...although,im not sure that would do much good either...from what ive read,it only affects the shift quality as far as firmness or softness of the shift itself....

id like to get some feedback from other owners about where thier cars shift at full throttle,starting in 1st gear...it seems to me that every other gear is shifting properly,except for the 1-2 ....in every other gear,the car shifts at the points on the speedo,and at around 4500rpm....the only one that isnt right is 1st gear,which shifts 10mph and 1000rpm under what i think it should...the dots on the speedo say it should shift at 30mph,and the latest ive gotten it to upshift is at 20mph...any input is appreciated