View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 10:07 AM

Certified MD Dealer? No.

I am stunned. If this is a MB Shop, why wouldn't he check the timing instead of changing the chain? 2 Questions: 1 did he change the Idle speed control module, 2 How many miles are on your car?

I believe the MB dealership will stand behind the work. But if something goes bad during the work that costs extra, almost everyone would charrge you.

If you have a major dispute you can call the MB Zone Rep. He may not care (like if you bought it new) but if you are a persistent pain he will work with the dealer to get you off his back.

When I had the similar problem I went to my local MB dealer and asked "what is your policy on diagnoisis"? The service manager asked my problem. I said it's an intermittent idle problem and he said they are hard to diagnose and they usually winding up having to repalace a lot of parts and people don't want to pay. I said "yeah, that's me exactly" (kind of kidding) and he said "I'll take a pass on your car". We were done. Other mechanics could offer no better answer so I started doing it myself...

Keep us posted!
1992 BMW 525it Wagon
1994 Honda Del Sol Si