View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 11:57 AM

Cool first sighting of an sl

Greeting from Oklahoma, home of the #1 football team in the nation. Have you seen them play? Awesome and scary are the key words to describe them. Anyway on to my tread. I think it would be fun to remember the first sighting you had of a sl and what you thought.
Mine was at Shangr-La resort on Monkey Island, Grand Lake in Oklahoma. I was working on the front desk at the time it was the spring of 1977 and the owner of the lodge, Charles Davis, pulled up and came inside and asked us to come outside and see his new car. It was so cool to see the most beautiful car I have ever seen. It was a gold color with tan interior. Seeing the car with the beautiful background of Grand Lake was something I will bever forget. I never dreamed I would someday own one. I have had my 560 now for just over 3 weeks and was lucky to have the week off after I bought her, I put over 600 miles on her the first week. I am going to try and take photos this afternoon and post soon. Hope everyone has a great Sunday and looking forward to hearing about their first sightning.