BTW, additional information on the 1988 300E:
1. 60k miles
2. 60k mile service completed, did not solve problem
3. oxygen sensor replaced, did not solve problem
4. Distributor cap replaced, did not solve problem.
4. I ran 3 bottles of gumout throught it; it runs better but did not solve problem.
5. The Check Engine light comes on just before it quits.
6. Sometimes the ABS light comes on at odd intervals although not connected in time with the stalling.
7. When it stalls, it does it usually several starts in a row then is fine.
8. Usually it stalls during transition to idle or at idle, although a couple of times it occurred at low speed
and ran rough.