View Single Post
Old 12-08-2000, 09:27 PM
Posts: n/a
What is the device that the right end of the steering damper connects to? It is an arm that rotates about a 3" long bushing and is welded to the frame. What is it called and what does it do?

When I turn the wheel to either extreme this bushing makes a loud groaning noise, and the car will then pull in that direction until I turn the wheel to the other extreme. After that I have the same problem, different direction. Any suggestions?

Is there a kit to rebuild this bushing joint? Can I just lube it or loosen it a bit?

Thanks for any help.

'85 300TD 200k
Reply With Quote