View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 12:17 AM

I have seen a lot of these Land Rovers that have been toasted. Some I have seen have had fires in the engine compartment, but this one has interior fire damage. Strange- the description says that it was in a garage fire, but it looks more to me like the interior caught on fire, then may have caught the garage on fire. There is not a lot of damage to the exterior, which makes me think the fire started inside the car.

I also see a LOT of Porches, even late models on E-Bay that has roasted. There is currently a 2002 Porche on there with a engine fire. Also last night- just up the road from my house - a Dodge Neon lost out to a damaging fire. Seems like Porches, Land Rovers and Dodges suffer the most from fires. Even very late models. I have seen a 2001 Dodge Stratus and a 2000 Dodge Caravan with a engine fire damage on E-Bay, as well as a 2000 Ford truck that was burned to a turn in the engine and interior area. Do not see too many Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans or GM cars on there that has fire damage. I have never seen a Honda or Nissan on there with fire damage and only one Toyota.
Why are there so many late model cars (Porshes, Land Rovers, Fords and Dodges) that catch fire? Are they making them that dangerous these days?

Last edited by 86560SEL; 11-13-2003 at 12:23 AM.