View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 12:31 PM

Hatterasguy:

I think that you are making a wise choice walking away from the 560SEC at this moment. (better save your money for pizza and beer) But if you are really dead set on a MB, a well maintained older deisel could well be worth it.

My father, way back when, had a 300CD. It is also a coupe not as sporty or nearly as fast as the 560SEC but a very reliable car.

But remember, you are going to be in college and the reality is that you may be lugging around your college comrades and they may not be so nice to your car as you. Which could be a reason for getting a "disposable" car.

I also think that your insurance rates are way out there! Have you looked into getting a "Good Student Discount?" Furthermore, if you have a car that is worth 3-4k why get full coverage? Better to get the top of the line third party coverage and not pay an additional $1,500-$2,000 for the full coverage which is basically 40%-50% of the value of the car.

This is just my humble opinion.......

Iggy

2006 - Suzuki Gran Vitara (2.0 L fully equipped) Like this car so far except for trying to put on the seatbelt.
1988 - 190e - 2.3L - 172K miles (It now belongs to the exwife)
1999 - Chevy Blazer LS Fully Equiped - killed it June 2006
2001 - Honda Civic EX - 68K miles (sold June 2004)
1963 - 220S - Dual Carb 6 cyl. (sold)
1994 - Yamaha WaveRaider (fun to ride)